2019-2020 Teaching and Staff Positions
Elementary Teaching Positions NSCS is seeking highly qualified classroom teachers for the lower and upper elementary classroom. Candidates must be licensed teachers or demonstrate an ability to pursue licensure upon hire. Prior teaching experience is preferred.
Full and Part-time Teaching Assistants NSCS is seeking a highly motivated and flexible individual to support students’ instructional needs in our lower elementary classrooms. Prior experience working with children is preferred.
Middle Science/Technology Teaching Position NSCS is seeking a highly qualified classroom science and technology teacher for upper elementary and middle school. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, creative, and ability to design and integrate tech preparedness, as well as implement digital literacy competencies.
Head of School
The Head of North Shore Christian School (NSCS) will embody, manifest, and advocate for the mission of NSCS across the School’s campuses in Beverly, Hamilton, and Lynn, which collectively offer Preschool–Grade 8. In keeping with the School’s mission, the Head of School cultivates the traditions, relationships, and practices that determine the School’s climate and culture. The Head of School is the sole employee of the Board of Directors and is responsible for the overall management of the School in accordance with the Board’s policies.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Head of School shall be a member ex officio of all standing committees of the Board. He/She will . . .
- Represent the Board in relations with the two principals, administrators, faculty, staff, students, current and prospective families, donors, and friends of North Shore Christian School, as well as external communities
- Oversee the Beverly/Hamilton and Lynn campus principals, business manager, development staff, and director of admissions
- Collaborate with the Board toward the progression and success of strategic plans and articulate the vision for NSCS and its future
- Explore, maintain, and broaden strategic partnerships on behalf of NSCS
- Serve as chief development officer, securing and retaining philanthropic investors in NSCS. Supervise advancement efforts to cultivate and effect generous support of NSCS, including existing and new supporters, major gift donors, foundations, corporations, fundraising, philanthropy, and alumni affairs.
- Supervise the business manager in the development of preliminary and final budgeting processes and administration, income, expenditures, collections, cash flow, and employee benefit program
- Supervise the director of admissions in determining programs for the recruitment and retention of students, including marketing and outreach, applicant interviews, and acceptance decisions
- Supervise branding efforts with the advancement team, including website
- Foster cross-campus initiatives and operational continuity among all NSCS campuses
- Engage with the Board in carrying out established NSCS policies; review those policies with the principals and staff and make recommendations for changes to provide consistency without sacrificing cultural distinctions; keep the Board informed on all aspects of the School’s operation
- Direct the ongoing NEASC accreditation process, and initiate and maintain collaborations and memberships with state and federal agencies and with educational organizations and any other accrediting agencies
- Initiate and oversee the provision of regular communications with the North Shore Christian School Society
- Recruit and retain qualified persons to serve as members of the administration and other key roles, including Board advisory and committee members
- Mature follower of Jesus Christ
- Demonstrated commitment to Christian Education and to securing its future
- Knowledge of, and ideally direct experience with, Christian education in New England culture
- Emotionally intelligent leader
- Visionary and practitioner
- Lifelong learner
- Catalyst in the leadership development of others
- Strategic thinker
- Professional understanding of the financial, business, and public relations aspects of the School
- A strong, clear Christian testimony of acceptance of Jesus Christ as personal Savior and Lord
- An unreserved acceptance of the School’s Statement of Faith
- A mature, godly spirit with a vibrant and active faith and prayer life
- A strong knowledge and understanding of Scripture
- A lifestyle of biblical integrity and humility
- Demonstrated success in fundraising and budgetary management
- Minimum of a master’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in administration or executive leadership at a Christian educational institution
- Ability to articulate a Christian philosophy of education and its distinctives at NSCS
- Experience in building and leading a diverse constituency
- Effectiveness in oral and written communication
- Ability to cast vision and effectively share that vision with stakeholders to inspire engagement and action
Please send resume or letter of interest to email@example.com.