North Shore Christian School maintains a purposeful commitment to the academic growth and progress for all of our students. Academic Support is an affordable, fee-for-service opportunity that enhances our robust educational community. Utilizing the best teaching practices coupled with state-of-the-art interventions, academic support is encouraged for students who experience a challenge in learning. Our outcome driven interventions provide our students with the greatest opportunity to achieve success. The Academic Support Center is staffed by a highly trained teacher holding a Master’s Degree with additional Orton Gillingham Certification and Specialist training. Support is also available for students looking for an extra-curricular challenge that goes beyond our outstanding classroom experience. Both individual and group sessions are available. Fees can be conveniently added to Smart Tuition.
- Founded in 1951
- Preschool through Grade 8
- Size: Over 250 students, 29 faculty and 8 Administrators on 3 campuses
- Average Class Size: 12
- Communities Represented: 25
- Racially & Economically Diverse
- Students receiving financial aid: 74%
- STEM Science Curriculum
- Academic Support and enrichment
- Theatrical training and live performances
- Home-to-School Partnership
- Weekly Chapel and Bible instruction
- Before School and After School Care
- NSCS is pleased to house the Gordon College Graduate Education Orton-Gillingham Reading Clinic that provides free reading tutoring to qualifying NSCS and community students.