The Physical Education curriculum focuses on the importance of physical fitness for all students. In classes that meet once a week for 40 minutes, students learn and explore a variety of developmentally-appropriate physical activities and games to help them gain coordination and confidence in their growing bodies.
With an overall emphasis on health and fitness, students are instructed in movement, sports, games, dance, and exercise. Students are expected to participate, show effort, and have fun while developing sportsmanship and teamwork.
- Founded in 1951
- Preschool through Grade 8
- Size: 210 students, 29 faculty and 8 Administrators on 2 campuses
- Average Class Size: 12
- Communities Represented: 26
- Racially & Economically Diverse
- Students receiving financial aid: 45%
- STEM Science Curriculum
- Academic Support and enrichment
- Theatrical training and live performances
- Home-to-School Partnership
- Weekly Chapel and Bible instruction
- Before School and After School Care
- NSCS is pleased to house the Gordon College Graduate Education Orton-Gillingham Reading Clinic that provides free reading tutoring to qualifying NSCS and community students.