Are you searching for the right educational setting for your child(ren)? As parents, we research, pray, seek counsel, and agonize over the very best educational options for our family. If a Christian education is a contender on your list, here are a few benefits that you may want to consider when choosing not only an excellent academic setting, but also a place where your child can mature with the Lord.
- Excellence in Education – Research has shown time and again that smaller, private Christian schools have an extremely high caliber of educational excellence. In fact, a 2013 Peabody Journal of Education study shows that students in religious schools enjoy a significant academic advantage over their counterparts in traditional public schools and charter schools. The findings from a meta-analysis of 90 studies conducted by William Jeynes found that students at faith-based schools scored 11 percentile points higher on standardized tests on average than their peers at traditional public and charter schools.
- Fostering Spirituality – One of the main reasons families consider a Christian education is to help their children cultivate a closer relationship to God. At North Shore Christian School you will find yourself surrounded by people who are also on a journey to understand their own personal relationship with God. This religious community can help your child with their blossoming religious identity.
- Worldview – At NSCS we integrate a Christian worldview in our teaching and learning with the hope that our students will adopt a Christian worldview. We hope to teach our children to interact with people of all faiths, holding true to what they believe and why they believe – all through the lens of a Christian worldview. It is through the teaching of a Biblical worldview that our students understand the world is much larger and they begin to think globally. We take very seriously the cultivation of a deep understanding and appreciation of the importance of living out one’s convictions, and sharing them with others in an inviting and winsome way. Our curriculum support these efforts.
- Positive Role Models – Children spend a major portion of their day in school. Therefore, a teacher is a critical role model in your child’s world. In a Christian school classroom, teachers openly teach and model the truths of the Bible as they are compelled by an open, unashamed love and service to Jesus Christ.
- Class Size – Christian schools can almost always offer more individual attention than public schools. The teacher-pupil ratio we offer at North Shore Christian School is lower than that of most public schools, which permits a teacher to spend more time with each child, thus greatly benefiting them academically and personally.
Call North Shore Christian School at (781) 599-2040 in Lynn or (978) 921-2888 in Beverly, or visit our website to find out more about our academic programs, educational enrichment, athletics, and the admissions process.