I wanted to provide an update for you all, and will do so periodically so that you will remain informed as to the measures NSCS is taking to ensure the continued safety and well-being of your children.
Our amazing faculty has committed themselves to faithfully disinfecting the hard surfaces of their classrooms each afternoon. Our custodial staff has also provided extra measures of cleaning and disinfecting to all our buildings. Teachers are also being vigilant about reminding students to cover their mouths and noses when they sneeze, with either a tissue or the crook of their arm, and then washing their hands for a minimum of 20 seconds. They are also providing ample opportunities for hand washing and/or usage of hand sanitizer throughout the school day.
Additionally, I have been in close communications with our Deans who are working closely with the faculty to ensure that an Academic Plan will be ready to execute should we encounter a prolonged school closing (week or more). This plan will be dynamic, and teachers have already begun to engage the process.
NSCS would like to encourage Parent support in these specific ways;
- Please do NOT send your child to school if they have a cough or runny nose. We want toremain extra vigilant during this especially difficult flu and virus season.
- Please do NOT send your child to school if they have been symptomatic with flu-likesymptoms, vomiting, or fever in the past 24 hours – they MUST be symptom free for at least24 hours before returning to school.
- If you feel lead to purchase hand sanitizer, tissues, rubber gloves, face masks, or hand soap that has disinfectant properties we would welcome these donations as we work to secure that we have an ample supply on hand at all times.
- If you have traveled within the US or abroad, please check with the Centers for DiseaseControl and Prevention to view information regarding travel bans and updates, precautions, and actions needed should you or family have traveled to areas that are consider at risk. You can find this information on their website at wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices.
- Please continue pray for this global and dynamic situation. In times like this we have the blessed opportunity to interceded through prayer and press into Jesus. He is faithful all the time.
As is always the case, I am available should you have questions, concerns, or suggestions.
To God Be the Glory,
Pam Heintz, Head of School