Hard to believe that the holiday break is here and that we all have some much needed time to spend with family and friends during one of the most special times of the year. We hope of our families have a blessed and holy Christmas season. Looking forward to the next time that we will see our students has us thinking about how each of us may resolve to make changes to our lives in the coming year. Here are some student resolutions that may help you create your own.
- Get Involved – One way to make a difference in other’s lives is to get involved whether it is in your school, neighborhood, community or even broader than that; in your country! Get involved in a group or organization that is near and dear to your heart, something you are passionate about possibly?
- Give of Yourself – Volunteer your time to help someone. Do you have a special talent like singing, dancing, sports skills, writing, or reading that could help someone else? Give of your time and you will be amazed at how it will be a positive experience for the giver and receiver!
- Get Organized – What does your room, backpack, or locker look like? Could it use a quick cleaning and some organization? Give a few minutes every day to keeping things tidy and neat.
- Avoid Procrastination – This is a common problem for students who like to put off doing work or would rather do something more fun. Make lists of things that you want to accomplish and check them off as you go. Set a time limit or schedule out longer projects so you don’t feel overwhelmed.
- Be Mindful – Sometimes in our busy lives it is too easy to get caught up in all the events and activities around us. Try to carve out a few minutes each day to be mindful, meditate, say a prayer or think of others.
- Be Optimistic – Having a positive outlook on situations and experiences can really make a difference in your life. Try taking a new look at things that you may have been skeptical about in prior times. You viewpoint can make a huge difference.
Have a wonderful holiday season and Happy New Year!