About North Shore Christian School
Imagine a small school rooted in the principles of truth, character, and excellence. A vibrant and diverse community committed to academic excellence and innovative learning. Imagine a place where dedicated teachers encourage each child to think deeply and to serve others. This is North Shore Christian School.
North Shore Christian School has provided Christian education for children since 1951.
Although our emphasis on instructing children in Christian character has never wavered, our focus on teaching the whole child has grown to include a hands-on science curriculum, advanced mathematics instruction, an expanded program of grammar instruction, the study of classic books, and the development of both creative and academic writing skills.
We also nurture an appreciation of the arts through the study of the history of great music, painting, dance, and theater, as well as the development of artistic talent in performance. In addition, we strengthen bodies through participation in team sports offered throughout the school year. Building character, imagination, strong minds and bodies while nurturing the spirit-that’s our commitment.
- Founded in 1951
- Preschool through Grade 8
- Size: 240 students, 29 faculty and 8 Administrators on 2 campuses
- Average Class Size: 12
- Communities Represented: 25
- Racially & Economically Diverse
- Students receiving financial aid: 74%
- STEM Science Curriculum
- Academic Support and enrichment
- Theatrical training and live performances
- Home-to-School Partnership
- Weekly Chapel and Bible instruction
- Before School and After School Care
- NSCS is pleased to house the Gordon College Graduate Education Orton-Gillingham Reading Clinic that provides free reading tutoring to qualifying NSCS and community students.